Peanut Butter And Carob Frozen Dog Treat Recipe
When that summer sun starts beating down on you and your doggy, you want a way to cool down… deliciously. And why not join your dog for a yummy treat? Dogs and their humans can nom nom nom on this Peanut Butter and Carob Frozen Dog Treat Recipe. In fact, I ate just as many of these as Oscar did – that’s how good they are! Try them for yourself and you’ll be addicted. Quick, easy and tasty – you can’t beat that combination!
Makes about 40 treats
2 cups plain yogurt
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup carob chips
- Mix yogurt and peanut butter together. Combine until smooth.
- Melt carob chips gradually microwave using a microwave safe bowl. Stir after every 15-30 seconds. You can also melt on the oven using a small saucepan. Melt until gooey or melted.
- Pour the melted/gooey carob into the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture in ice cube trays or molds. Place in freezer and leave overnight.
- Serve to your pups – and enjoy one too! They’re yummy for dogs and people.
I had some problems melting the carob chips – it turned out to be more gooey then it did liquid. But Oscar and I didn’t mind. As long as the carob doesn’t burn, it will work well in this recipe.
Amy Tokic, Editor of Our Site , is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).